Thursday, January 12, 2012
Our Home's To Do List for 2012
How great is this wall calendar made from chalkboard paint on MarthaStewart.com?
One of my goals for 2012 is to do more improvements to our home. We moved into our first house in June of 2010 and we have already done a lot of cosmetic work to our home. We got a new roof, siding, shutters, gutters, re-landscaped the front and backyards, painted the garage doors, refinished the hardwood floors, ripped up carpet, tore down the 70s wallpaper and wood paneling, and painted almost every room in the house. We made a huge improvement from the 70s bachelor pad that we purchased a year and a half ago. However, we have not done any major renovations which I would like to do this year.
This year, we are planning to renovate our upstairs bathroom. The bathroom is an explosion of baby blue. The tile, tub, floor, vanity, and even the sink are baby blue. The tile and tub are actually in good condition but the room drives me crazy. I'm hoping to get this done sooner rather than later.
This year, I would like to accomplish the following home projects:
1. Renovate the bathroom
2. Install wood blinds on the first floor
3. Install a new floor in the kitchen
4. Rip up the carpet and install hardwood floors, paint, and install a new closet door in one of the bedrooms
5. Get a mirror for the guest bedroom
6. Get a proper closet organizing system for our bedroom
7. Get a new chandelier for the dining room
8. Install a paver patio (very ambitious)
9. Get urns with boxwoods for our front steps
10. Get blow-in insulation for the kitchen and "Rug Room". These rooms are freezing!
A little too ambitious? Maybe... but I love making lists and crossing things off so I am determined to complete these projects by 2013.